MyBB Codes
[Fixed version] Fight Spam - Printable Version

+- MyBB Codes (http://www.mybbcodes.com)
+-- Forum: Mods Database (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Premium Mods (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Forum: Babjusi Plug ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+---- Thread: [Fixed version] Fight Spam (/showthread.php?tid=1096)

[Fixed version] Fight Spam - babjusi - 11-29-2009 12:38 PM

I just created this plugin due to the wave of spam I have received lately where members at first glance legit will make a post or 2 seemingly ok and then ad spam linkis. Gotta say, since I coded this I haven''t had a single case of spam.

Anyway, this plugin will allow you to set e number of posts for users to post links either be via http//.... or www.... or the [url][/url] tags. Also it will prevent them to post images with the [img][/img] tags.

This is ideal to fight the recent wave of human spammers.

You can enable and disable the mod from the acp of your forum, where you can also enter the minimum number of posts for your users in order to post links.

In case there will be new legit users, you can choose which individual user or users can bypass the post limit. The same goes for the MemberGroups. You can also choose forums that you want to exclude from the link post limit.

RE: [Fixed version] Fight Spam - babjusi - 11-30-2009 05:44 PM

The topic is updated with the fixed version of the plugin. A big thank you goes to MadamZuZu for reporting the bug.

RE: [Fixed version] Fight Spam - xrum - 12-02-2009 11:42 AM

looks like it's now working, thanks Smile i'll let you know if i run into anything else Smile

RE: [Fixed version] Fight Spam - babjusi - 12-02-2009 11:46 AM

(12-02-2009 11:42 AM)xrum Wrote:  looks like it's now working, thanks Smile i'll let you know if i run into anything else Smile

You are most welcome. Thanks again for reporting that bug. And let me know any time if I can be of any assistence Smile

RE: [Fixed version] Fight Spam - tarekovski - 12-02-2009 03:11 PM

Was there a problem with this hack?

RE: [Fixed version] Fight Spam - xrum - 12-02-2009 03:24 PM

people with enough posts couldn't post links and images

RE: [Fixed version] Fight Spam - roger - 12-05-2009 10:51 AM

Another awesome plug-in.

RE: [Fixed version] Fight Spam - andrewjs18 - 12-15-2009 07:02 PM

where is there an option to prevent a user group from posting a link? I don't see it.

RE: [Fixed version] Fight Spam - babjusi - 12-15-2009 08:36 PM

(12-15-2009 07:02 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote:  where is there an option to prevent a user group from posting a link? I don't see it.

There is no such option. It prevents posting of links for all users under a certain post count. You can exclude certain group/s and user/s from the post limit if you want to.

RE: [Fixed version] Fight Spam - andrewjs18 - 12-15-2009 08:54 PM

(12-15-2009 08:36 PM)babjusi Wrote:  
(12-15-2009 07:02 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote:  where is there an option to prevent a user group from posting a link? I don't see it.

There is no such option. It prevents posting of links for all users under a certain post count. You can exclude certain group/s and user/s from the post limit if you want to.

I'm Shemo from mybb community board referring to this post:
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-60197-post-439563.html#pid439563

you asked me if the test account I made was in a member group that was allowed to post links..I asked here where do I edit that and now you're telling me an option doesn't exist so please explain yourself better. The only excluded groups from your mod are super mods, admins & a special user group..all new accounts get put into the registered user group that was renamed to team members, that isn't excluded from your mod.

RE: [Fixed version] Fight Spam - babjusi - 12-15-2009 09:00 PM

(12-15-2009 08:54 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote:  

you asked me if the test account I made was in a member group that was allowed to post links..I asked here where do I edit that and now you're telling me an option doesn't exist so please explain yourself better. The only excluded groups from your mod are super mods, admins & a special user group..all new accounts get put into the registered user group that was renamed to team members, that isn't excluded from your mod.

Everything is explained in detail at the first post of the topic. Please read it carefully. It prevents posting of links for all users under a certain post count. You can exclude certain group/s and user/s from the post limit if you want to.

I can''t be more specific and detailed than that Smile

RE: [Fixed version] Fight Spam - andrewjs18 - 12-15-2009 11:14 PM

(12-15-2009 09:00 PM)babjusi Wrote:  

Everything is explained in detail at the first post of the topic. Please read it carefully. It prevents posting of links for all users under a certain post count. You can exclude certain group/s and user/s from the post limit if you want to.

babjusi,

I read the first post a few times....I'm doing everything right...

[attachment=84]

as seen in the screen shot, I excluded user groups 3,4,8 from the mod, but yet I'm still able to post links with a test account that is in a group that isn't excluded from the mod and has only 1 post when I set the posts to 3 before being able to post links.

RE: [Fixed version] Fight Spam - Srini - 12-16-2009 06:58 AM

nice bro..

RE: [Fixed version] Fight Spam - babjusi - 12-16-2009 08:36 AM

(12-15-2009 11:14 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote:  

babjusi,

as seen in the screen shot, I excluded user groups 3,4,8 from the mod, but yet I'm still able to post links with a test account that is in a group that isn't excluded from the mod and has only 1 post when I set the posts to 3 before being able to post links.

It can''t be. The plugin has been tested thoroughly and it works fine. What is the gid of your test account?

(12-16-2009 06:58 AM)Srini Wrote:  nice bro..

Thanks.

RE: [Fixed version] Fight Spam - andrewjs18 - 12-16-2009 01:49 PM

(12-16-2009 08:36 AM)babjusi Wrote:  
(12-15-2009 11:14 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote:  

babjusi,

It can''t be. The plugin has been tested thoroughly and it works fine. What is the gid of your test account?

(12-16-2009 06:58 AM)Srini Wrote:  nice bro..

Thanks.

RE: [Fixed version] Fight Spam - babjusi - 12-16-2009 08:26 PM

Somehow you are missing something somewhere cos the plugin works fine. I just tested it now again to be double sure and everything works as it should.

I would need the link to your forum with the test account. I would also need admin access to check the plugin settings for myself.

RE: [Fixed version] Fight Spam - andrewjs18 - 12-24-2009 01:09 AM

(12-16-2009 08:26 PM)babjusi Wrote:  Somehow you are missing something somewhere cos the plugin works fine. I just tested it now again to be double sure and everything works as it should.

I would need the link to your forum with the test account. I would also need admin access to check the plugin settings for myself.

I emailed you the necessary info to login to my forums and peek at it..have you done so?

RE: [Fixed version] Fight Spam - nooob - 12-27-2009 04:32 PM

lol cool,using this too
IT WORKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: [Fixed version] Fight Spam - myname - 12-27-2009 05:33 PM

It's not letting me download the attachment for some reason...

RE: [Fixed version] Fight Spam - babjusi - 12-27-2009 05:36 PM

(12-27-2009 05:33 PM)myname Wrote:  It's not letting me download the attachment for some reason...

Have a look here please.

http://www.forumsecurity.eu/showthread.php?tid=132

RE: [Fixed version] Fight Spam - Zomaian_mybb_import539 - 12-30-2009 12:22 AM

You could have it connect to a spam IP black-list and have that plugin ban all those IP's and emails.

RE: [Fixed version] Fight Spam - babjusi - 12-30-2009 08:15 AM

(12-30-2009 12:22 AM)Zomaian Wrote:  You could have it connect to a spam IP black-list and have that plugin ban all those IP's and emails.

I have tried it before for another forum software some time ago and it is not very efficient. A lot of spammer will slip through. Whereas like this it is better. I use this on 2 very large forums that I help co-admin and we haven''t had a single spamming problem.

RE: [Fixed version] Fight Spam - andrewjs18 - 01-09-2010 11:58 PM

babjusi,

have you figured out my issue with your plugin yet?

I'm still able to post links with a username in a group that wasn't excluded from your plugin that has 0 prior posts. I set it so that user groups 3, 4, 8 were excluded and I'm posting links from the usergroup 2. ps- I set the post count to 5.

RE: [Fixed version] Fight Spam - babjusi - 01-10-2010 08:42 AM

(01-09-2010 11:58 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote:  babjusi,

have you figured out my issue with your plugin yet?

I'm still able to post links with a username in a group that wasn't excluded from your plugin that has 0 prior posts. I set it so that user groups 3, 4, 8 were excluded and I'm posting links from the usergroup 2. ps- I set the post count to 5.

I don''t know what to tell you. You seem the only one to have this issue. The plugin works fine as it is supposed to.

RE: [Fixed version] Fight Spam - andrewjs18 - 01-27-2010 04:34 PM

still doesn't work on a clean test copy of mybb with absolutely 0 other plugins, threads or posts.

RE: [Fixed version] Fight Spam - that_guy - 05-16-2010 01:26 PM

This was my favorite plugin when I using MyBB. I didn't have a single spam.

RE: [Fixed version] Fight Spam - dannyd - 08-01-2010 05:33 AM

This seemed to allow a member to post a link on my board today as well?
Its all configured correctly as well?
I tested it last night with a test member and it seemed to work but today a member bypassed it somehow?

RE: [Fixed version] Fight Spam - exdiogene - 08-01-2010 10:16 AM

If the plugin is enabled and the user or his group were not excluded, his link did not occur in an excluded forum and he had not the minimum posts to be allowed to do it; then you should send me the link detail so it could be investigated...

RE: [Fixed version] Fight Spam - tomy - 02-25-2011 07:40 AM

good mods

RE: [Fixed version] Fight Spam - Chainzs - 03-07-2011 02:59 AM

Installing it and testing it right now also.. I will let you know if it gets bypassed.
I already banned a bunch of members for just being registered and advertising in their sigs.. backlinking on my site is a big no no ! UHH)