Current time: 04-20-2024, 08:31 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Announcement
We have the biggest collection of MyBB Plugins here on the Net. We have currently 175+ MyBB Exclusive Plugins, 80+ MyBB Compatible MyCodes and 16+ MyBB 1.4.x Themes (Some are still under construction...) Thus, we provide you the largest MyBB Stuff on the net including tutorials. Stay with us, you will find out some more to come.
Now you can easily create your own buttons set for MyBB! Click here to have a look...
*** You cannot do your registration behind any Proxies anymore! ***
Welcome Guest[3.138.134.107], connected from

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Picture post c&p
02-09-2010, 09:25 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2010 09:26 AM by tazman.)
Picture post c&p
Is there anyway to enable posting where members can c&p a whole post with pics and paste the whole post with pics also without adding img tags also a live link killer??

tazman's signature
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2010, 11:04 AM
RE: Picture post c&p
Hello,

it is quite difficult for me to decrypt what your request is... UHH

If you are asking for copying and pasting a whole post, it can easily be done by the post author if he is going first in "Full Edit" mode.

If you are asking for another user not beeing the author, it would not be respecting the copyrights of the original author to do so, because people could do an exact copy of his post on another different board without his own knowledge...

Even if this would be possible by just copying the "source code" from your own browser, i wont recommend to facilitate this operation for all users.

Can you tell me the main purpose of this operation you intend to do?

exdiogene's signature MyBBCodes.com administrator
Cool " It is not what you know that matters, it is what you do or do not do!"
02-09-2010, 11:09 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2010 11:10 AM by tazman.)
(02-09-2010 11:04 AM)exdiogene Wrote:  Hello,

it is quite difficult for me to decrypt what your request is... UHH

If you are asking for copying and pasting a whole post, it can easily be done by the post author if he is going first in "Full Edit" mode.

If you are asking for another user not beeing the author, it would not be respecting the copyrights of the original author to do so, because people could do an exact copy of his post on another different board without his own knowledge...

Even if this would be possible by just copying the "source code" from your own browser, i wont recommend to facilitate this operation for all users.

Can you tell me the main purpose of this operation you intend to do?

No not at all i always make sure the original author gets his do what im saying right now when my guys post they have to copy link location for a picture then click the image tags then post pic is there a way that they can copy the pic and paste in my bb like vb??And as far as the live link killer just so there arent a bunch of live links on the site!!

tazman's signature
02-09-2010, 11:24 AM
So you want your images to be "attachments" instead of beeing "live links" to get the picture from inside your forum database and not outside?

02-09-2010, 11:47 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2010 11:48 AM by tazman.)
Ok i see whats wrong i am asking 2 questions in same thread ok what the first question is is it possible to copy and paste a whole post inclucding pictures from 1 site then paste on mybb site without having to copy image location and then clicking image button pasting the link ??Just C&P a whole post from 1 site to another without having to add each image manually??

Question 2 Unrelated to first LOL=Live link killer

tazman's signature
02-09-2010, 12:02 PM
(02-09-2010 11:47 AM)tazman Wrote:  Ok i see whats wrong i am asking 2 questions in same thread ok what the first question is is it possible to copy and paste a whole post inclucding pictures from 1 site then paste on mybb site without having to copy image location and then clicking image button pasting the link ??Just C&P a whole post from 1 site to another without having to add each image manually??

Question 2 Unrelated to first LOL=Live link killer

Thank you for clarifying this for me! Wink

What you ask me should be easily done by any administrator using "Full Edit" mode on any member post and copying the whole post then pasting it anywere else!

All [ img ] tags with their links should come easily this way. Do you have any problems trying to do this?

02-09-2010, 12:07 PM
Yes lets say right now i go to a post here and i copy the whole post and then go to mybb site and paste the post and then publish it the images wont show up i have to go in and right click on the images on your site then copy the link location then go back to the post and paste the link in the image button/What i want is to be able to c&p the whole post from your site lets say including pics then paste the whole post with pics in 2 clicks 1 copy then 1 paste on the other site.

Also what about a live link killer plugin that will kill any ones live links auto??

tazman's signature
02-09-2010, 12:42 PM
So you want to be able to copy the integrality of Posts coming from other members on other boards than yours?

Honestly, even if it was easy to do i would not give the way to do it, because it would violate the copyright of the author. If the author give you the permission to do it , he would give you the "source code" of his post.

I know that it is not too complicated to do this the long way, but i have too much respect for people privacy and property to help for such things.

I would suggest to ask the author of the posts permission to copy them...

I hope you understand! Smile

About the "live link killer plugin", i already got a request for a "broken links killer" plugin. These two functions could be integrated in the same plugin and this plugin is already in my ToDo list. I will post about it when it will be completed.

02-09-2010, 12:57 PM
Ok i understand but vb has this feature also i think its a hot editor if im not mistaken as far as the original poster, thing i can do the same manually by c&p the only difference is i will have to keep copy the link location for pic and then adding manually which is a pain but thanks

tazman's signature
02-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Just to help you understand a little bit more :

Doing this manually for 500 posts/day would be almost impossible.

Doing this with an automated process for 50000 posts/day would be easy, just think of the possible boards snatching it could do! Wink

It is always better to be more cautious than sorry...

P.S. As you will be able to see, we have high morality standards here... Smile

0 member(s) viewed this thread in the last 365 days :

Was This Thread Useful ?
Please Link To Us
URL
BBCode
HTML

Possibly Related Threads...