MyBB Codes
Advanced Thread Tags - Printable Version

+- MyBB Codes (http://www.mybbcodes.com)
+-- Forum: Mods Database (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Premium Mods (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Forum: MODS DATABASE (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+---- Thread: Advanced Thread Tags (/showthread.php?tid=1808)

Advanced Thread Tags - exdiogene - 09-21-2010 02:07 PM

//----------------
//PLUGIN OVERVIEW:
//----------------

Name: Regentronique Advanced Thread Tags
Author: exdiogene
Description: This Plugin will add a Tag Input Box on New Thread pages where Members could easily add tags, include a Tags Cloud box with a search box in the Index page and/or create a file allowing a Flash Tags Cloud on the Index page. It can also create a META Description link and a META Keywords link with the tags included for SEO.
Version: 1.0
Compatibility: 14*,16*,18*,20*
Files To Upload: Three
Files To Edits: None
Languages Files Included: YES
Author is Responsible For Any Damage: NO
Author Provide Support For This Product: YES
License: Inside the License Folder
Copyrighted: All codes within the product are strongly copyrighted.

//-----------------------
//INSTALLATION PROCEDURE:
//-----------------------

1. Upload file in ./inc/plugins folder
2. Upload files in ./inc/languages folder
3. Activate Plugin
4. Adjust settings to suit your needs
5. Optional : You can download the Flash application at http://www.tag-cloud.de/

//----------
// DOWNLOAD:
//----------
[attachment=788]

Last upgrade V1.1 (Oct 19, 2010):
Added more options, better random colors, all tags in lowercase.[attachment=792]

Last upgrade V1.2 (Aug 25, 2011):
Excluded invisible threads for tags harvesting, changed internal global vars access method for new versions of PHP and excluded curly braces from tags.[attachment=819]

//--------
//SUPPORT:
//--------

You can reach our support forum at: Plugins Support
The administrator can be reached here: exdiogene

---
I hope that you will appreciate this plugin.
Thank You
exdiogene
---

RE: Advanced Thread Tags - Technoman - 09-21-2010 02:54 PM

is this the flash/java tags you been talking about (the newest one)?... sorry she is on the telephone Wink

RE: Advanced Thread Tags - exdiogene - 09-21-2010 03:10 PM

This plugin is not using any flash/java, but it is creating the needed file for the Flash Tags Cloud application available from tag-cloud.de!

Smile

RE: Advanced Thread Tags - asgard - 09-24-2010 07:06 AM

thanks for this plugin
i test it soon

RE: Advanced Thread Tags - Technoman - 09-24-2010 03:00 PM

For sure Im going to be trying this out over the weekend, age is catching up to meSmile

RE: Advanced Thread Tags - Danisk - 10-11-2010 11:44 AM

I have a problem I do not appear in the list of plugins and I can not turn, try installing the 2 but the same problem (uninstalling the previous one), also tried to put it in Spanish language, any solution?

RE: Advanced Thread Tags - exdiogene - 10-11-2010 12:00 PM

Have you extracted "Regentronique_Advanced_Thread_Tags.php" from the ZIP file and copied it into your "MyBB/inc/plugins" directory?

Both languages files "Regentronique_Advanced_Thread_Tags.lang.php" can be translated in spanish by using a proper editor.

RE: Advanced Thread Tags - Danisk - 10-11-2010 12:17 PM

I follow the guide at the bottom of the letter and just change the language, do not touch the file Regentronique_Advanced_Thread_Tags.php

Sorry 4 my English

RE: Advanced Thread Tags - exdiogene - 10-11-2010 12:47 PM

Sorry, but i do not understand the actual problem you have.

Can you now see the plugin and activate it?

Or do you only have difficulties to edit the language file in spanish?

==============================

Lo sentimos, pero no entiendo el problema real que tiene.

¿Puedes ver ahora el plugin y activarlo?

¿O es que sólo tienen dificultades para editar el archivo de idioma en español?

RE: Advanced Thread Tags - Danisk - 10-11-2010 01:00 PM

I can not see and activate the plugin.

The Spanish translation has nothing.

===========================================

No puedo ver ni activar el plugin

La traducción al español no tiene nada

RE: Advanced Thread Tags - exdiogene - 10-11-2010 01:32 PM

I have made some tests on your forums and it seem that the file is copied in the right directory, but for some bizarre reasons it is not responding.

This could be caused by bad file permissions not allowing the file to be executed on the web.

When you copied the file on your forums did you verified if the file owner was you, and that the files permissions were at least "0644"?

It could also be possible that you have an empty file, can you verify if you have a file of at least 53Kb?

Thank you.

RE: Advanced Thread Tags - Danisk - 10-11-2010 01:54 PM

I noticed the files have permissions 664, also tried with permissions 777 and nothing, the file weighs exactly 53,379.

RE: Advanced Thread Tags - exdiogene - 10-11-2010 02:02 PM

Have you verified if the owner of the file was your own account? You can have problems if you uploaded the file having ROOT access because the file will bellong to ROOT instead of your account name.

Also it is preferable to have the file permissions set to "0644", not "0664" or "0777". Some hosting company do not allow some permissions for security, mostly when they use suPHP.

If all this fail, can you give me a FTP access to you hosting account or cPanel access?

So i could verify if there is anything wrong with the file content itself...

RE: Advanced Thread Tags - exdiogene - 10-11-2010 02:06 PM

Also the file size should be 54644 bytes... Undecided

Please Install the new file!

RE: Advanced Thread Tags - Danisk - 10-11-2010 02:38 PM

Try you told me but it did not work at all ... and you're right I saw him was less reinstall but still not let me activate.

Check your inbox.

RE: Advanced Thread Tags - exdiogene - 10-11-2010 03:14 PM

I have corrected your files installation with FTP, but i am unabled to test if the file can be accessed correctly.

I also renamed your .htaccess file about TAGS.php for testing the plugin.

Probably your firewall is blocking me, i see this each time i try to access the plugin :

Quote:[Highlight]Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /inc/plugins/Regentronique_Advanced_Thread_Tags.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Can you test if at least YOU can see the plugin?

Thank you.

RE: Advanced Thread Tags - exdiogene - 10-11-2010 03:24 PM

I have found why i was unable to access the plugin, you have change the directories permissions and made it impossible. I have corrected those permissions and will now continue to find why it is not working.

Standby!

RE: Advanced Thread Tags - exdiogene - 10-11-2010 03:29 PM

Ok, i have found the problem and now the plugin will work.

You have transfered the file in a way that all the CR/LF were stripped out. This is why your file was smaller. I correctly uploaded the file and now the plugin is OK.

I will now verify if there is any issues with the language files...

Standby!

RE: Advanced Thread Tags - exdiogene - 10-11-2010 03:35 PM

I have corrected languages files and have copied your spanish language file in the admin directory.

Everything should be fine now, can you test it?

Smile

RE: Advanced Thread Tags - Danisk - 10-11-2010 03:38 PM

I still do not see the plugin, the error really puzzled me, might not be problem the hosting?

RE: Advanced Thread Tags - exdiogene - 10-11-2010 03:45 PM

Clear your browser cache by pressing "F5", it should be there... Wink

I can access it from here...

RE: Advanced Thread Tags - Danisk - 10-11-2010 03:53 PM

(10-11-2010 03:45 PM)exdiogene Wrote:  Clear your browser cache by pressing "F5", it should be there... Wink

I can access it from here...

Genio!! xD gracias

Thanks for the help, highly recommended your service.

RE: Advanced Thread Tags - Technoman - 10-25-2010 11:39 AM

Ok, I will give this a test sometime this evening and get back to you my friend.

RE: Advanced Thread Tags - Technoman - 12-05-2010 06:22 PM

Im using the default template for tests with this plugin

a line threw the tags and the tag clouds name plus the enter button is missing

Also

Notice: Undefined index: SubmitSearch in www\mydomain.com\inc\plugins\Regentronique_Advanced_Thread_Tags.php on line 16

[attachment=798]

RE: Advanced Thread Tags - Technoman - 12-12-2010 04:45 PM

Any advice on why its not working properly on the MyBB default theme?

RE: Advanced Thread Tags - exdiogene - 12-13-2010 12:43 PM

Can you give me the URL were this occur and i will have a look at it.

RE: Advanced Thread Tags - Technoman - 12-19-2010 08:40 PM

im going to PM you on this for a specific reason Wink

RE: Advanced Thread Tags - bestblackhatforum.com - 09-17-2011 01:33 PM

Hello. Just Subscribed,. I got the same problem with this advanced thread tags.
I was able to upload all the 3 files in the right directory but when i go to acp >>> plugins >>>

i do NOT see the plugin name "Regentronique" or Advanced tags that relates to this plugin.
so there is no way for me to click the activate button cause the plugin itself was not appearing on the plugin lists.

i also tried different permissions for it to work it out and even clearing cookies for several times but still the plugin was not appearing on the plugin lists.

but i had it verified that the 3 files was been successfully uploaded to the correct directories and it is not empty. but why is it this plugin was not appearing on the plugin lists.

Hoping for some response. Thanks.

RE: Advanced Thread Tags - exdiogene - 09-17-2011 02:15 PM

What is your version of MyBB, PHP and MySQL?

Do you see all your other plugins like before, is it only the AdvanceTags plugin that is missing in your AdminCP plugins list?

You are sure that the file Regentronique_Advanced_Thread_Tags.php is located in your "inc/plugins" directory. Also the "Regentronique_Advanced_Thread_Tags.lang.php" file must be in your "inc/languages/english" and "inc/languages/english/admin" directories.

RE: Advanced Thread Tags - bestblackhatforum.com - 09-17-2011 02:44 PM

(09-17-2011 02:15 PM)exdiogene Wrote:  What is your version of MyBB, PHP and MySQL?

Do you see all your other plugins like before, is it only the AdvanceTags plugin that is missing in your AdminCP plugins list?

You are sure that the file Regentronique_Advanced_Thread_Tags.php is located in your "inc/plugins" directory. Also the "Regentronique_Advanced_Thread_Tags.lang.php" file must be in your "inc/languages/english" and "inc/languages/english/admin" directories.

Hello. Thank you for the quick reply.
Here is my details:
MyBB Version 1.6.4
PHP Version 5.2.17
SQL Engine MySQL 5.0.92

yes i'm very sure they were uploaded in the right directories.
i have double check it many times.

Anyway i have noticed that when i was trying to upload via ftp this file "Regentronique_Advanced_Thread_Tags.php" in the inc/plugins

the file size was 54,903(as what i see in filezilla(ftp)) but when it was been uploaded succesfully the file size became 53,632

i keep on repeating the upload/ reuploading the file again but the same thing happen again that the file size just went back to 53,632

Anyway, its getting late here, got to sleep now. Be back tomorrow. Thanks.

RE: Advanced Thread Tags - exdiogene - 09-17-2011 03:11 PM

I would need your forum URL, to verify few things... Wink

RE: Advanced Thread Tags - bestblackhatforum.com - 09-20-2011 04:07 AM

(09-17-2011 03:11 PM)exdiogene Wrote:  I would need your forum URL, to verify few things... Wink

Hello. Sorry for the late reply..
Here is the forum url:
http://bestblackhatforum.com/

Thanks..

RE: Advanced Thread Tags - exdiogene - 09-20-2011 09:14 AM

How could you subscribe here and ask for support on our plugins when you have a BlackHat forum distributing Nulled Scripts?

Hacking, Cracking and serial number distribution are not allowed here and it is clearly stated in our rules!

You have already downloaded 6 of our plugins and I wont permit any more downloads from you...

Sad

RE: Advanced Thread Tags - jacobl - 11-10-2011 04:10 AM

Ok - its nok working properly this plugin.

Just downloaded and tested it. Have the same problem as above.

1. The plugin-file is encoded in some inappropriate format. I had to mess around with it.
2. The search-function isnt working - Search not inserted in the searchbutton - and no results when pushing it. Because it isnt reading my subdir into it.
3. When clicking on a tag it redirects wrongly because it doesnt read the forum sub dir.

Could you reupload it and make sure the files are encoded properly.

Disappointed.

Jacob

RE: Advanced Thread Tags - exdiogene - 11-10-2011 10:48 PM

@jacobl,

I have just installed the plugin, for verification, over a huge MyBB support forum today and it was working perfectly. Maybe you did something wrong when installing it, can you give me your forum URL and your MyBB/MySql/PHP versions please.

Also, if you could explain in more details what was going wrong it would be more helpful.

You wrote "The plugin-file is encoded in some inappropriate format", can you be more explicit, are you telling me that the ZIP archive is bad? Because I have just downloaded it again before installing it on MyBB.fr and it was correct!

The search function and tags links are also working properly there, as well as here on MyBBcodes.com, so I would need your URL to verify your installation.

Thank you!

RE: Advanced Thread Tags - jacobl - 11-11-2011 05:39 PM

ok so.

1. First time I installed the upgrade 1.2-version. Sorry. I should not have.
2. But the problem remains with the plugin-file, not the language-files: When i unzip with WINRAR and then open in notepad the plugin-file is not structured code - just a string. When I open in notepad++ it automatically structures the text properly. But if I upload it - it doesnt work.
3. On a clean install I made it work. I think at least.

4. So please fix the archive or mail me the zip or something - because I think it is the archive that is the problem.

5. Describe to me in exact detail - how this should be installed. Which zip-file to use - does it have to be updated, etc. ?

6. Try downloading and opening with winrar or winzip and open the plugin-file.

Jacob

RE: Advanced Thread Tags - jacobl - 11-11-2011 05:58 PM

By the way is there a rewrite function for this ? So when using google seo I would have domain.com/mybb/tag/tagexample or something the like ?

RE: Advanced Thread Tags - exdiogene - 11-11-2011 07:00 PM

First, there is no one universal solution for text new lines.

It will always be dependent of the OS or the editor used.

It is also important when we unzip the file on our personal computer to use the TEXT transfer mode for uploading the files to the hosting directory. This way, the new lines separation will be maintained.

After a proper transfer of each files, then the plugin must be installed in your Admin Control Panel, after that you select the proper settings you want.

If you want then to scan all the titles of the previous threads if it is enabled, then you will need to click on the "Advanced Thread Tags" at the bottom of the left menu in the configuration section and proceed with the process and wait while all threads are processed...

This is a huge plugin with many features, this is why it could be difficult to set the settings properly for each personal usage.

P.S. I am actually completing the translation for the french language files and others will be soon available...

P.P.S. I am still waiting to get the URL for your site, to see if the plugin is operating properly!

RE: Advanced Thread Tags - jacobl - 11-17-2011 08:17 AM

Ok.

1. When I turn off the friendly redirect pages - it stops working. That is, it stops redirecting properly, since my forum is in a subdirectory just beneath. This seems to be the problem.

2. When I want to tag a thread with jim marrs - as in a person that is called jim marrs I would like to maintain the two words as one tag - "jim marrs" - is that possible ? Currently it splits it into two tags "jim" and "marrs".

3. Is there a rewrite-function for the tags - I am using google seo 1.6.1 - do you know how to rewrite this ?

Send you a PM with login-info.

RE: Advanced Thread Tags - exdiogene - 11-17-2011 10:18 PM

1- I do not know about the redirection issue you are writing about, I would need to see the code for understanding the way it could cause an issue.

2- Not at the moment, the tags are taken with the space as a separator and spaces are stripped from them before beeing included in the Database Table. I will have a look if I could make it possible to have them included manually in a thread discussion opening post, if this could be what you need? Or I could create a new setting to keep the spaces in a string delimited by quotes?

3- The rewriting process is always dependent of the script used for it, so I cannot tell you without knowing what is needed on your own site.

You have to keep in mind that this plugin, using complex operations and calling himself from different hooks and internal operations, cannot be integrated easily with other coders redirecting plugins.

Maybe I could make it compatible with one of the most popular SEO redirecting plugins, but this way I could render it even more incompatible with other plugins.

I will go read the PM, but I would not have time to do much before next week!