Current time: 04-29-2024, 03:57 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Announcement
We have the biggest collection of MyBB Plugins here on the Net. We have currently 175+ MyBB Exclusive Plugins, 80+ MyBB Compatible MyCodes and 16+ MyBB 1.4.x Themes (Some are still under construction...) Thus, we provide you the largest MyBB Stuff on the net including tutorials. Stay with us, you will find out some more to come.
Now you can easily create your own buttons set for MyBB! Click here to have a look...
*** You cannot do your registration behind any Proxies anymore! ***
Welcome Guest[18.118.144.69], connected from Cambridge, Massachusetts United States

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The big move
12-15-2009, 01:48 AM
The big move
I had to change servers. It's a long story but I have not had much good luck lately. Anyhow. I have mybb 1.4.10 and have downloaded a complete copy via FTP from my current server. I have a current database copy as well. When I asked the correct procedure on another forum I got a series of answers as to what to do.
I do not wish to loose my configuration and plugins.
Can someone tell me how to accomplish this? I would the help as in the past what I did was install a fresh copy of the forum software, and then uploaded the DB. But none of the plugins were working, had to be reinstalled, and of course the skins were not there.
Thank You...Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-15-2009, 06:38 AM
RE: The big move
If you wish to keep the themes, mods, attachments intact you must upload your current files as well to your new host. After you restore the database, make sure to enter the new db info at the config.php file and the right settings at the settings.php file as well, like the board url, cookie settings etc.

Let me know how the move will go or if you will run into difficulties.

Have also a look at this tutorial that I wrote on the subject.

http://www.forumsecurity.eu/showthread.php?tid=85

babjusi's signature
Find all posts by this user
12-15-2009, 08:49 PM
Thank you babjusi. Now I have a guideline and am going to start it right now.I will also look at the tutorial. I have done moves in the past but.. I did not want to loose everything and start over with the mods and things. Thank you again..Smile
12-15-2009, 08:55 PM
(12-15-2009 08:49 PM)Starnova Wrote:  Thank you babjusi. Now I have a guideline and am going to start it right now.I will also look at the tutorial. I have done moves in the past but.. I did not want to loose everything and start over with the mods and things. Thank you again..Smile

You are most welcome.

As long as you got a copy of forum files, in addition to a copy of database, you will be fine. All the mods and custom themes will be moved intact.

Let me know how it will go.

babjusi's signature
12-15-2009, 10:08 PM
There is a problem... I changed the information in the config.cp the forum goes up just fine ... but I get a 500 internal error when trying to access my admin.cp
12-16-2009, 01:28 AM
If you have a old htaccess file remove it, maybe its the problem.

Rafael_mybb_import479's signature -Rafael
Im a Big MyBB Fan!!! Cool
My Forum
My Blog

[Image: signature.png]
12-16-2009, 08:43 AM
(12-15-2009 10:08 PM)Starnova Wrote:  There is a problem... I changed the information in the config.cp the forum goes up just fine ... but I get a 500 internal error when trying to access my admin.cp

I saw at mybb that you solved the problem. Sorry for the late reply but I just logged in here and saw this.

babjusi's signature
0 member(s) viewed this thread in the last 365 days :

Was This Thread Useful ?
Please Link To Us
URL
BBCode
HTML

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Cannot check and move multiple threads Mobius 2 1,383 07-28-2010 11:22 AM