Current time: 04-27-2024, 11:29 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Announcement
We have the biggest collection of MyBB Plugins here on the Net. We have currently 175+ MyBB Exclusive Plugins, 80+ MyBB Compatible MyCodes and 16+ MyBB 1.4.x Themes (Some are still under construction...) Thus, we provide you the largest MyBB Stuff on the net including tutorials. Stay with us, you will find out some more to come.
Now you can easily create your own buttons set for MyBB! Click here to have a look...
*** You cannot do your registration behind any Proxies anymore! ***
Welcome Guest[18.190.217.134], connected from

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Creative music making on YouTube with four iphones
04-12-2010, 03:14 AM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2010 10:52 AM by Nadjia.)
Creative music making on YouTube with four iphones
It's pretty amazing to see the musical possibilities with iPhone applications like "I Am T-Pain" and "Beatmaker." In three weeks the YouTube video, "Lady Gaga - Poker Face by Applegirl (ver. I-Phone Apps)" has had over 1 million views. This female, Japanese iPhone musician and singer used four iPhones, running two copies Beatmaker, 1 copy of "I Am T-Pain," and another synthesizer app to create this rendition of Lady Gaga's "Poker Face" song.

Although this is a VERY creative use of musical iPhone applications, be wary of showing this video to students in class. A brief scan of the WikiPedia article for "Poker Face" should make it clear the content of the song isn't likely to pass muster as "appropriate" in schools. That said, however, it's pretty remarkable to see musical skills like this demonstrated with iPhone apps. The app "I Am T-Pain" costs $3, "Beatmaker" is much more expensive at $20. Not many people have four iPhones handy to use for a musical performance like this either!

The April 2010 issue of Wired Magazine includes the article, "5 Secrets of YouTube’s Success." It references five videos which "turned unknowns into Internet sensations." Chances are, many of your students have seen these videos.

If you're looking for some creative digital inspiration as well as practical suggestions for digital musicmaking in the classroom, I recommend you check out Carol Broos and Carol Vrotny's K12Online09 presentation, "For Those Who Want to Rock, Don’t Suppose, Compose!"

Read more: Link deleted by moderator to conform with our rules

jane347's signature
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-16-2010, 02:41 AM
RE: Creative music making on YouTube with four iphones
It is very useful application and more good thing is that you have shared all the details over here so that we can know about it. I am using iPhone from a year but never know that I can use it for this purpose also.

jocosaevans's signature cheap mp3 player
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
0 member(s) viewed this thread in the last 365 days :

Was This Thread Useful ?
Please Link To Us
URL
BBCode
HTML